The properties on Diamond Cove, a small number of which are available for rent, have been restored and renovated from the remnants of Historic Fort McKinley. Barracks and Officer’s Quarters, the largest of our accommodations, have become gracious homes with slate roofs, wooden porches, grand staircases and fireplaces. Sergeant’s Quarters and Patio Homes are smaller; many with original tin ceilings and hardwood floors. You can even rent the original Firebarn, now a charming freestanding home. In addition to the historic homes on the Fort, there are also private homes for rent located along the coast of the Cove. All the rental properties have outdoor living space with either covered porches or private patios. Diamond Cove offers many amenities including Diamond’s Edge Restaurant, a 5-star restaurant operated seasonally, a General Store , real estate office, art gallery, and museum.
Rent Island Homes for Your Vacation
Enjoyment is a way of life at Diamond Cove, featuring:
- Heated swimming pool
- Miles of scenic walking trails
- 6 private beaches and recreation areas
- Two tennis courts
- Administration Building: offices, meeting space, mailroom
- Fitness Center with free weights, nautilus, treadmills,ellipticals, stair master, and rowing machine
- Original indoor basketball court
- Duckpin bowling in a restored turn-of-the-century bowling alley
- Arcade, billiard and ping pong tables
- General Store: with sundries, ice cream, beer, wine, snacks, sandwiches, pizza & fresh lobster
- Full-service marina with deep water slips for large sailboats and motor boats
- Diamond’s Edge Restaurant: 5-star restaurant operated seasonally and located just off the Diamond Cove pier.
- Diamond Cove Gallery: art gallery exhibiting works from local artists
- Fort McKinley Museum: displaying artifacts and photographs from the historic Fort McKinley
- Shuttle bus service on the island to and from your home to the ferry dock
- Grocery delivery available from town right to your door.
- Personal welcome package of groceries* available from the General Store
- Bike rentals
- Information on kayak rentals available
*The General Store provides personal shopping for renters arriving on the island for vacation. The staff at the store will shop and stock your rental home with necessities so when you first arrive on island you can start your vacation and relax. Email a staff member to inquire about ordering a welcome package of groceries.